Monday, March 19, 2007

Still Alive!!

posted Tuesday, 22 August 2006


Sorry for not updating for the last month. The one time I got online I almost got shot.I kid you not. (I managed to get away, but my friends find the story just another hilarious night in doodles life, its not like they had to dodge bullets and try not tripping over gravestones in a completely dark lonesome stretch of wilderness, they just laugh at my costume and the fact that I survived.)


Anyway camp was awesome, I managed to come close to dying only a couple of times the whole summer. (pretty good record, eh? I guess its cuz I'm older so I'm safer) once,trying to get online, another on one of my off days, I decided I wanted to do something a little more 'extreme' then usual. We were rescued by a british tourist the first time and then we managed to stay one step of the way ahead of the grim reaper the rest of the off day. It was tons of fun. If u want I'll bore u with the details later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

please bore us with the details.

Anonymous said...

Hey welcome back, glad you had a super time.

doodlehead said...

ski- thanks. trix- its really boring actually, but if you want, what happened was we decided (or I decided and dragged a friend along)to go mountain climbing,up hundreds of feet of straight cliff, without any harnesses or rope. In order to get there we had to first cross a huge raging river. Of course we chose to cross where the rapids are the strongest. We were walking across carrying all our clothes in bags over our heads, (the water never went above neck level)when we reached a point where the rapids were impassible, about 20 feet from shore. We were almost swept away,but a passing british lifeguard jumped out of his speeding canoe to rescue us. The whole river crossing took us about an hour. Then we started our climb, with no equipment besides for a camera. We had to crawl up a bunch of mountain, and I'll skip all the dangerous details, basically we had to dodge falling boulders and hold on real tight,trying to avoid splatting at the bottom.It was awesome. This went on for 6 hrs until we reached the top. The view was incredible, and the climb exhilirating. Anyway we started going down the other side when we realized it was getting late. So we turned around to head back to where we came from, when we got lost. So we hiked around for while (met a very unfriendly wild dog, no bears, very depressing) until we came to a hermits backyard. He informed us we had an additional 20 miles to go until we were back were we started. So we followed his directions and got back just b4 dark. You can wake up now.

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhhhh fun. I love rivers. and mountain veiws are cool too. but finding out you have another 20 miles is not fun.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, d-head. I can't believe it - you really are as crazy as you claimed to be. I'm a witness, guys. Really, really, really nuts. Funny as heck. Need any more ego boosting?

doodlehead said...

thanks. thats enough compliments 4 today. I dont think i can handle all that.(3 reallys!!) my fragile litle head could explode. the doctors had me in padded room for weeks last time it happened, I dont wanna go there again. its just 2 soft and fluffy.