Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New poems

posted Wednesday, 31 May 2006

new as in you've never seen em

(sorry, but I'll get to the old ones some other time)


Math


Just doing math in a bubble bath:


2 bloody hands


plus lots of soap


equal one dead con


at end of rope


yup that’s just math in a bubble bath


5 men go in


minus 4 slit throats


equals 1 victor


with all the votes


that’s just math in a bubble bath


and speaking of math


take 1 crash


divide by 2 kids


equals 1 quick dash


and a red windshield splash.


and one loan shark


takes one hapless guy


and divides him into


20 mince pies


oh, and regarding fractions


it only takes 1 bat


to put 2 people in traction


well anyway


you know what they say


about doing math


in a bubble bath:


go over it twice


check every sum


cuz it certainly


wont be any fun


to take the bubble bath version


of accounting 101




Eternal bliss



At the valley of the dead


and the mountain of the live


where they come together


at the seaside


where second chances linger


where time doesn’t tick


and peace flows on


with the ebb of the tide


if sound would exist


youd hear at the reef


thousands of souls


breath a sigh of relief





where is this place?


does it even exist?


you need to travel


just through the mist


like a razor blade


slicing a wrist


if you cant find it


I’ll give you a lift


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

*wince* that blood was horrible. so much death. my teeth itch.

Anonymous said...

1.i don't even want to know what so many people are doing in your bubble bath.

nice though

2.good idea needs some work i think some tweaking on the rhythem and rhyme

doodlehead said...

trix- sorry abt ur teeth, maybe brush with steelwool? s.j- not my bubble bath, a random ordinary acid free bubble bath, im sure u know the type.

Anonymous said...

Loved the first one! Gory, and I can totally hear Eminem rapping to it, but still clever. Second one went way over my head for some reason. Must be too late for poetry.

Anonymous said...

walla! nice! i like em both..though o so different...(reminds me of sj for some odd reason)...yes its gory but hey not all poems are meant for ol ladies in rockin chairs.

im welcoming myself to ur blog.

Anonymous said...

even so.... when was the last time you had a bubble bath anyways? you're in a frickin yeshiva.

doodlehead said...

shalva- yup, m's my fav. poet. sabra- welcome! sj- trust me u dont want to know.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a little old lady in a rocking chair. I'm a big girl who can even handle stephen king (except carri for obvios reasons, there were also parts of dreamcatcher that were a little too much for me)

doodlehead said...

you mentioned liking a different stephen king book in your blog. And my lil poem is warm and cuddly compared to some of his stuff. (not really, he's not as gross as people say. iv read every book he wrote and he isnt that bad)

Anonymous said...

I like all his books I read, except carri and deloris clayborn. the second one cause it was still boring by the 4th page and there were no paragraph breaks. I can get through the blood if I know there is other stuff to look forward too, like misery, did that have and amazing ending or what.

doodlehead said...

I dunno if u got it, but it took me like a week to realize his point in misery and then when i got it I told my friends and they were like, no way!and they reread it and thay were like, cool! (and carry had like no gory parts)

Anonymous said...

im usually highly-allergic to math..but this one..nice!

ps- carrie was his best actually. and made perfect sense. the oinly gore was when they butchered the pigs and pured the bucket of blood on her head..i woulda reacted the same way..

Anonymous said...

in carri they were too mean to her. I thought the pig stuff was mean and gross (as was the rest of it) doodle-what point in misery were you talking about? the way he did what his book was talking about, changing the ending to make it good?

doodlehead said...

bigf-me2. thanks. i liked carrie but there r others i liked more. trix- sorta, he basically is pretending hes in same predicament, and makes her alive, i didnt realize till a week later.

Anonymous said...

trix-- that's just it. she had every reason to act (or re- act) the way she did. i applaud her.

doodlehead said...

and her mother gets me so mad. i wanted 2 strangle her by 2nd page. her death was 2 nice and easy.

Anonymous said...

yep

Anonymous said...

dood- thats why I liked the book so much. but I chapped it right away. flr-so why don't you care that they are mean to her. and yes her mother is supposed to get us mad.

Anonymous said...

trix- heck. i DO care they're insanely mean to her. I was only agreeing with doodle..what his feelings were..how he wanted to strangle the mother for her despicable actions..

Anonymous said...

so thats why I hated that book.

doodlehead said...

hes one of the few authors who never fails to bring out strong emotions in his readers (occasionally the emotion is "im never reading another king book again" but that just means hes good at what he does)