Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Buncha Poems

posted Tuesday, 4 April 2006


So I was like, why dont I put a whole bunch of my poems that were already posted online on my blog. And I said back to myself , ok.


Geulah


An echo reverberates all around
people straining to hear the sound
growing louder and louder, and higher still
it fills each valley and every hill
A lone donkey rider appears
the wait is over after all these years
suffering is done, and so is the pain
the blind healed and also the lame
everyone gathering,from all over the world
back to the land, that they'd been forcibly hurled
But wait, up ahead over there
whats this? Its Satan, we fear
he holds up his sword, waves it about
people start to plead and shout
"Oh let us go" they say,"allow us passage"
"No" he said firmly and addressed the masses
"you there spoke slander about your fellow jew
and you killed and robbed, to name a few
this one lent with interest, this one the same"
"Oh what can we do, who can we blame"
"Nothing!" Roared the angel "nothing to do"
as he slammed their coffins shut, and nailed it too
"Blame yourselves, sinners, you should've thought
about repentance, for all else is naught
you've had your chances, but your souls you did sell
now enjoy your eternal stay, imprisoned in hell"
.................................................................................


Guilt


As I return to the scene
see the sights so obscene
it fills my whole head
with the shouts and the screams
it beckons me closer
I try to resist
but it pulls on my arm
and tugs at my wrist
grabs hold of my head
and pushes it down
to lap up the blood
that spilled to the ground
"what you sow you will reap,
youll sleep in this bed"
whispers that voice from the deep
trapped in my head.
the taste in my mouth
no longer sweet any more
revenge can be avenged
who called this a war?
my heart feels as black
as the hood that I wear
its those souls from the past
that I hate and I fear
Ill never escape
I wont even try
my only chance is
to lay down and die
.............................................................................


Born


I gaze about in total wonder
hear soft sounds as loud as thunder
wide eyed entrancement, fascinated by lights
gulping up the new scents, absorbing the sights.
the voice of angels whispers from above
"listen little one, you're starting anew
dont mess it up, like you usually do
spend your time wisely
theres no other way
just do as I say
try to be a good jew,
do lots of mitzos
not just a few
listen carefully, I've got lots to say
these are the secrets of success
I've chosen to tell you."
I blink blankly
I dont understand,
such pretty colors
is this my hand?
look at the sunlight
and the swirls of dust,
but all I hear is silence
and a snort of disgust
..................................................


Child


In a dark and rainy junkyard
trash looks like piles of bones
we see a huddled shape
it must be long lost Billy Jones
as we get a closer look
we realize his eyes have dried out
its his corpse we see
and we try our best not to shout
let his spirit sleep
Billy, how'd you end up here?
we last saw you playing in the street
how'd you get from cherry lane
without your arms and feet
and wheres your hair
and childish grin
it looks terribly bare
without any skin
Billy my boy
if you can hear me in heaven
I hope that you learnt your lesson.
on second thought, you never will
you failed for good this time, Bill

.........................................

Hush little baby


little baby lies in crib
bawling rather loudly
father looks up from his work
he'd like to thrash him soundly
he gets up and grabs
yet another bottle,
but baby cries
while father sighs
and hands him a rattle
baby wont stop
and father's got
to make that deadline
so he tosses in a bag
to the annoying little nag
and now he'll never whine

....................

To be continued.......................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't i see these already?

still love the first one.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh. its been so long since the poetry. I like the guilt one best. (and the last one got me worried leaving you around young children).

doodlehead said...

yes savior, thats what I said in the begining. Dont worry trix, I babysat once.

Anonymous said...

oops. my bad