Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Saying Hi

posted Thursday, 1 June 2006


Why do random strangers insist on smiling, saying hi and waving to me when I walk by? This only occurs when I am walking alone. Often these random strangers will insist in having a short conversation(like about the weather, or about the weather, or even about the weather,Often its an eldely gentleman insisting "put on a shweater young man , or youll catch a cold") Less often its a longer conversation,but that usually only happens with homeless people, or the mentally unbalanced. The strange thing is that other people will walk by the same person tending the same garden and not exchange a peep. And I'll walk by and have to hear just how bad her bunions/arthritis/gall bladder is doing, and her cat has stomach virus, and now her apple pie is burning.


Why? Do I look like a smiley, wavey, say hi type of guy? I really dont think so. (I always answer back, so u do have a point, except that I never initiated hellos, until I just joined em cuz I couldnt beat em) Dont get me wrong I have nothing against greeting people (im actually for it, friendly people make the word a cheerier and slower place) But why? (and since the question mark button on my keyboard didnt wear out yet ???????? ???? ??????)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look like a smily wavy, say hi type of guy.

doodlehead said...

I do? Is it only if I smile? What about if I walk around with a grumpy face and holding an ak-47? dyou think people will still think so?

Anonymous said...

no, but unless you somehow manage to secure a permit for one of those, chances you'll have a cop stop you to shmooze. the other way is to join the army, but then people will still talk to you cause your a soldies. I think its your face thats smiley, wheather your smiling or not.

doodlehead said...

i gotta get one of dem halloween masks. or a big pitt bull and scream "leave the nice lady alone Rover! No! Dont eat her!" that might work.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I know not to say hi to you if we ever cross paths. Thanks for the warning.

doodlehead said...

i really dont mind. I just wanna know why. (i strongly suspect my perpetual cheerfulness, i mean who doesnt enjoy shmoozing with constantly high people)

Anonymous said...

get that mad t shirt that says: do i look like a fucking people's person? should do the trick.

doodlehead said...

what'l i do if people tap me on the shoulder and say "uh actually you do" ?

Anonymous said...

..then you get the 'i bite' t-shirt.

'cept i think they want you to taste their burning apple-pie for poison. that's why they initiate convos. sheesh thought you'd gussed by now..

doodlehead said...

we can always change it to 'i bite but spit out after' would that work?

Anonymous said...

Just offer them a cholent stick ;)

doodlehead said...

btw i havent had one in years, but u should really try it, its very easy to make. (an its called cholent pop)

Anonymous said...

Um... no thank you. Delicious, I'm sure, but I'll pass. I don't even like real cholent.

doodlehead said...

ur loss.

Anonymous said...

ye, I've seriously been meaning to try the cholent-pizza concotion. any special tips, or pile it on?

doodlehead said...

well i used shelis pizza and getty cholent (both in monsey) u just gotta smear a thick layer on top with a spoon. (buy the pizza 1st cuz its more important that cholents hot)

Anonymous said...

do i freeze abit so the choloent sticks or what? also, plain pizza or with topping?

doodlehead said...

pizza can be room temp. cholent piping hot. Iv only tasted plain pizza, buy if you wanna be adventurous- feel free. (u really should do getty cholent. though they only sell thursday nite)

Anonymous said...

is it not so good with homeade chulent? only bought chulent I ever tastedwas falafal and chips. it tasted like french fry spice.

Anonymous said...

doodly- and getty cholent is procured where exactly? (and what does it contain that makes it so good, pray tell??)

trix- i have a feeling the 'french-fry' space you tasted was called 'hwaj' (or chwayj). it's moroccan if im not mistaken. i use it in vegetarian cholent sometimes..

Anonymous said...

*spice

doodlehead said...

its a very good pareve cholent sold in the getty gas station in monsey on thursday nights. (im gonna b heading 2 there and shelis this thursday night) its not needed 4 the recipe, just make sure u can find a thick salty pareve cholent (the petrol aftertaste is really not mandatory)

Anonymous said...

i lurve filling tank up with gas and getting jagged on the smell..yum

what street's it on?

doodlehead said...

on rt 59, next 2 remsen.

doodlehead said...

Thursday night: I walked into getty holding a cold piece of pizza in my hand, and as the arab guy behind the counter looked on in amazement I proceeded to load it up with steaming cholent and devour it with gusto. None of u showed. :(