Sunday, March 25, 2007

The doodle charity event

if u dont like charity then scram.


posted Thursday, 28 September 2006


I am starting a campaign for all those homeless guys you see sleeping in bus stops and train stations. This is a real low budget campaign. I just wanna collect enough to buy all of the homeless guys t-shirts that say 'my other bed's in a house'. Thats all. It would accomplish a couple of things. Most importantly it would keep them warm(we can get long sleeve ones, ok). Besides for that though it would be a source of revenue for them. Think about it, every chinese tourist would love to get a picture with a homeless guy wearing that shirt (at least I would if I'd be a chinese tourist)which means more dollars! (whatever more dollars means to them is irrelevant) Also it would enable people who normally hurry by the lump on the sidewalk, to stop for a second, read the line, smile, and maybe think.

I'll admit its not the greatest charity idea out there, but if I manage to accomplish my goal, I know I'd sleep blissfully that night with the hoarse croaks of thanks ringing in my ears, and visions of big beaming smiles,flitting through my dreams, tooth and all. Wouldnt you do the same?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! My post came out blank! Wow, God's being sneaky today...

doodlehead said...

whatd it say?

Anonymous said...

Original idea, something to think about. Good luck getting the money lol.

doodlehead said...

tzedaka is big zchus u kno. (tshuva tfilla and tzdaka)

Anonymous said...

it said something to the effect of:

Anonymous said...

omg it deleted it again. what the heck? it wasn't even a bad word! your censors must be super-frum.

doodlehead said...

:( try fooling it. maybe itd fall for the old-spell-it-slightly-wrong-and hope-they-dont-notice trick.

Anonymous said...

T-shirts, tzedakah?

Anonymous said...

I figured it out. When you use brackets, it doesn't go through. I think. Lemme try it right now: Doodlehead is a

Anonymous said...

Yup. I'm a genius. It's cuz of the brackets. (And are accusing me of God forbid using bad language? During aseres ymei teshuva, no less? Have a little more faith in me.)

doodlehead said...

i thought my censor was just being over anxious on this holy day. i would never accuse anyone.

doodlehead said...

so what did ur post say?

Anonymous said...

hehe. nvrmnd.

doodlehead said...

not nice. :(

Anonymous said...

homeless people have another bed? I don't get it. sorry, I'm sometimes slow. and shalvs, whad you say, cmon. and both of you have an awsome and meaningfull high holiday, may god forgive whatever sins you may have, and may the fast not be too bad.

doodlehead said...

u know the keychain with 'my other car is a ferrari'? ye u 2, gmar chasima tova.