Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Good Shabbos

in protest of cutting off these subtitle thingys at the interesting part I'm no longer gonna write any interesting stuff. So there. Nowatchagonnado tough guy?

posted Friday, 26 January 2007


For yet another friday I get to enjoy myself, relax.Do nothing. Today I went to the shuk. Got a new pair of crocs. Stocked up on garinim. Went to geulah.Met some friends. Blocked off the street. It was a kid in a wheelchair's birthday so we celebrated with him. We got the Cd salesman on the side of the street to blast music, and we blocked off the street with joyous dancing with him and his friends. Everybody in the street joined in, all sorts of people. All with a huge smile. We even pulled some cab drivers out of their cars to join. (the bus drivers werent so easy to persuade) This went on for a while, but kikar shabbos cant be stopped indefinitely. Even on a birthday. The kid was ecstatic. Its a birthday he'll remember for a long time. Everyone with a camera or camcorder made sure they wouldnt forget it either. After we had finished, and most of the gathered crowd dispersed (anything happens and instantly theres a huge crowd of people gawking. I dont know how they know that somethings happening. Daily I gather everyone together, but thats usually when I start a scene or somehing) a woman came running "oh! could you all start dancing again? I just got my video camera" By then the birthday had gone so we had to continue on our scheduled friday agenda. (Lots and lots of garinim. Eat. Spit. be happy. Repeat. That sorta thing.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is really beautiful I am truly touched, wish I was there to really make the party lol.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy. By the way, the format is all messed up on my end, I don't know about yours...sometimes you have to completely fill up the page with new posts in order to get it back to normal. Good shabbos...

doodlehead said...

ski- yeh, usually cabdrivers get mad and beep and scream when we block the street. this time they beeped along with the music and didnt even mind getting stopped. jewmie- u mean that it 2 wide from the pics?

Anonymous said...

Wow. I need to get me a bday party like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh - does a belated "Good Shabbos" count?

doodlehead said...

somebody has to b the 1st one to stand in front of the speeding bus, and not move no matter what. once thats done, then the rest is easy. (that whole party thing is very very rare) yeh it could b good wednsday, wtvr u like.