Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fun Day

'the sunl come out tomorow, betchur bottom dollar that tomorow, therel b sun, come what may, tomorow, tomorow i lovya tomorow ur always a day away"......


posted Sunday, 4 February 2007


This past shabbos was very cool, but not what I was expecting. Kfar chabad did not have nearly as much vodka as I anticipated. They had plenty but I was really looking forward to the whole faucet thing. I think I have more vodka in my freezer then they had at the table, (not that much more, only a couple of bottles) but I had a very good shabbos nontheless.

Today I'm having a real fun day. First, when I wake up in the morning my phone informs me that its "restricted" and I have to type in a password. My phone company is totally cluless, and the hebrew dictionary doesnt cover the words I need to explain the problem to them. What ends up happening is that I ask them if they have a box full of laws that my phone swallowed. Finally I get my point across and they decide the problem is beyond them.So I spend a whole bunch of hours going to different stores trying to find someone to unlock my phone. The rain is making my socks make real interesting squish squish noises, and my socks sound like they are trying to tell me something. Pedestrians keep shooting me these weird looks every time I start shouting at my socks "what? what do you want? just say it already!" When I get to the store that unlocked my phone originally, they swear that once a phone is unlocked it can never be locked again, so obviously its a different phone and someone must have climbed into my room while I was asleep and switched my phone for an unlocked one. "like saying today is monday when its sunday, It just can't be that its relocked. Its impossible" The next store tells me the same thing except that "It can't be, the same way you would tell me its not raining outside. It just is" (they all have such great analogies, I bet they all sit around in a cellphone store owner conference making up exciting analogies to drive their customers bonkers) Finally they charge me 50 shek, but after insisting my ohone numbers wont be lost I lose almost every single one. (I had about 300, and now I got to start all over). I have a phone. So I'm very excited. I head back to my apartment to change out of my wet socks and shoes (I'm on my 4th pair of socks, shoes, and pants for the day) I try opening my door but my key get a little jammed. Since this happens all the time I just push a little harder. Anyway my key makes a sharp turn to the left and bends in a 90 degree angle. So I bend it the other way but only half bends, so now my key looks like a w. So giving up on dry socks I wander around the country till I bump into my apartment mate who lends me a key. I let myself in and decide to give up completely on keeping my pants and stuff dry, so I put on a pair of shorts and crocs and venture out into the storm. (this way I stay dry). Then a cab tries running me over. But unlike most cabs, this one is very different. Usually after I dodge, the guy gives up and drives away. This guy just kept on circling, coming back again and again, trying to get me. After dodging a million times, he finally gave up.After some more time I realize my head shouldnt be getting so wet, when I discover my umbrella has permanently turned itself upside down and it refuses to turn right side up. Seeing that pushing wont help (those little metal joints just snap if they dont like you) I have to use an umbrella that catches the water wonderfully. (Its weird that umbrellas are round in the first place. If someone would invent a square umbrella not only would it stay in the right position, it would cover you so much better. Think about it, which human being is round anyway? square would cover your body so much better and you might even be dry.) Today is turning into a real fun day after all. And its only half way through. I wonder what else can happen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

try breslov, whatever chabad does they do better. also, maybe the yassam mafia is after you for posting their picture online.

Anonymous said...

you wanna be an inventor?

doodlehead said...

oongy-maybe next shabbos. breslovers r tons of fun, but do they drink? trix- well someone has 2 invent it, its an awesome idea. (i've got lots of em so mayb i should)

Anonymous said...

if you find the right ones.

Anonymous said...

Another adventure in doodl land lol

Anonymous said...

?!